The Scholarships of the Pan American Association of Philadelphia are intended to encourage and reward area college students for their academic achievement, community service, and engagement with Latin America.
Those selected to receive Association scholarships are invited to an award ceremony held annually in April to commemorate Pan American Day.
Deadline: All materials must be submitted via our website online application form no later than midnight, March 15th.
Students applying for any of the Pan American Association Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Superior academic performance
- Major in Latin American or related studies, including Spanish or Portuguese languages
- Extra-curricular activities or demonstrated experience related to Latin American countries, and
- Be nominated by a Latin American Studies affiliated professor acquainted with the student
The student candidate should submit application online and provide the following information:
- Nominator contact information
- Current academic transcript
- Two references, one of which needs to be from a Latin American Studies affiliated faculty member, and
- A one page, single spaced statement describing interest in Latin American Studies and career goals.
Once the application is submitted, your nominator and references will receive an email containing the link that must be used to submit the letter of application and recommendation letters.
Applicants will be notified if a personal interview is necessary.